A makeover of any kind, whether personal, or when it has to do with home décor, can be quite exciting. When you’re used to seeing the décor of a space a certain way for some time, you somehow become closed to other possibilities. Well, we are here to show you what a world of difference a few changes here and there can bring to a setting. Fasten your seat-belts then, and prepare to get blown over!
1. Mirrors can almost double the space available! And so do lighter colors on the walls and furniture. Experience it yourself!
2. Well, no curtains are any day better than tacky-looking ones! And walls do so much better when kept light and understated!
3. Lighter colors expand a space visually, whether it’s the color of the furniture or the walls! And so do curtains, when done just right!
4. An open kitchen doesn’t just expand the entire living space visually, but also creates the perfect set-up to cook, relax and entertain, all at the same time!
5. The right window treatment (for really tall walls, in this case), tasteful artwork and couches that spell comfort – are a surefire recipe for a stunning living room! Also, the right chandelier can draw some of the attention away from the high ceilings.
6. A drastic change in the color of the walls and furniture and the old carpet replaced with an elegant wooden floor makes this transformation too hard to believe!
7. The right window treatment and couches can take any space from dull and drab to classy and elegant! Add to it a feature wall and a wooden floor, and you have yourself a Pinterest-worthy space, just like that!
8. The old making way for the new! No more ancient wooden walls or dated furniture. Enter plush couch, a lounge chair and a modern-rustic coffee table. Well, if this isn’t a transformation, what is?
9. An open kitchen, the laundry space taken elsewhere and the space freed up for a dining table have completely altered this living room. The old furniture replaced by more modern pieces helps keep the theme coherent!
10. A stunning dark grey on the walls and paintings that complement it have taken this living room from looking just pleasant to appearing to be right out of the pages of a magazine! Not to mention the dark rug and the modern couches adding to it an air of luxury.
11. A lighter rug and the couch no longer pushed all the way up against the wall make all the difference to this living room, transforming it from a rather gloomy traditional setting, to a more cheerful and modern one.
12. This setting seems to have taken on a rather modern vibe with a change in the carpet, the books replaced with a few curios and a cheerful painting on the walls that also seem to have taken on a lighter and way more cheerful note.
13. What’s transformed this place is the wooden flooring that’s replaced the rather boring-looking tiles, the stone cladding around the fireplace and the old couches that have made way for more modern ones. And a softer color on the walls adds a certain elegance to the setting that seemed to have been missing earlier. Don’t you think?