It’s always great to repurpose and upcycle old things and make something new and exciting! And what better things to recycle than rain gutters!
Your humble old rain gutters can be repurposed into many fascinating things for your home. Most rain gutters are made of plastic and aluminum, and can be easily reshaped with just some basic tools, making them an excellent element for DIY!
The U-shaped feature of rain gutter gives us a lot of possibilities to create new things! Explore with us, 7 great ways to welcome these residents of your garden space inside your home.
1. Turn an old rain gutter into a chic planter in no time! Use the planter to grow herbs, and be assured that you will never run out of that extra twig of coriander, when you need it.
2. The shape and size of rain gutters make it an ideal element for planters! Beautify your balcony with recycled vertical planters made of rain gutters. This DIY needs just rain gutters and plenty of sturdy ropes, and some basic tools to drill holes for the ropes.
3. Make use of rain gutters to create a nifty utility shelf with some help from your carpenter! Use it to store all the miscellaneous things!
4. You could even make pretty looking railing planters with rain gutters!
5. Rain gutters can come in really handy if you are running out of space to store shoes. Just have your local handyman create a space-saving shoe rack with repurposed rain gutters (like this), and bid goodbye to your shoe worries!
6. You can keep all your sewing items in place with a recycled thread organizer like this!
7. Or, you could use them for bathroom storage by installing them on your bathroom walls and say goodbye to bathroom clutter forever!