Come October, the excitement and cheer of the festive season begins to color every home and establishment in India. But if you’re like most of us, you’ll end up pushing Diwali decorations right until the last minute.
Here are 20 amazing ideas that aren’t just simple and inexpensive but will add a classy touch to the Diwali makeover that you’re planning for your home! Read on to see what they are.
1. Switch your cushion covers with something bright and festive. In red, orange, green and yellow silk and velvet
2.Hang colorful paper lanterns at varying heights in a bunch.
3. Hang paper lanterns in a row.
4. Hang flowers from chandeliers and watch the space transforming. Use marigolds to add a festive air!
5. Bunch up fresh flowers in brass vessels.
6. Create an ethnic Coffee Table Vignette with small Indian accents like brass statues, antique spoons, and trinket boxes.
7. No Diwali is complete without these! Go overboard with marigold flowers and hang strings of them on your main door and between your curtains, place them in large Urulis and wind them around the bases of lamps.
9. Drape flower garlands on the edges of your curtains – this way. Stunning, isn’t it?
10. Get creative with ribbons and flowers, for a twist on traditional decor. Swicth the above with yellow ribbons, marigolds and brass diyas!
11. Light Up Your Home With all the Votives and Tea Lights you have
12. Drape string lights around a few doors and windows.
13. Drape string lights around a large mirror.
16. Make a simple flower garland curtain.
18. Make a wall hanging with flower garlands by stringing a few garlands on a tree branch. Keep it looking organic and natural.