If you think your bedroom is too small to give any decent décor idea a try, we would say, don’t throw in the towel just yet! Decorating small spaces needs just 3 important things – patience, some out-of-the-box-thinking and tons of creativity! So, while you try and muster those, here are a few tips and tricks to mull over, and see if they seem worth trying out in your small bedroom. Read on.
1. Let your night stand double-up as your desk or a study table. Why waste precious floor space on two different pieces of furniture when one can work just as well?
Courtesy: Apartment Therapy
2. Don’t crowd side-tables and consoles with family pictures and keepsakes. Put them all up in the form of a gallery wall to get them noticed and create conversation starters!
3. Maximizing vertical storage is the mantra when it comes to small spaces. Free up floor space and use your walls to create shelving.
4. Who says that a small bedroom cannot have statement lighting? Forget pendant lights or chandeliers. Get sleek, close-to-the-ceiling lights for the same, if not better impact! And always, always layer your lighting.
5. Ditch those heavy drapes and replace them with sheer ones. Let the room feel light and cheerful with as much natural light filtering in as possible.
6. Get a bed with a taller headboard, or have the headboard changed on your existing one(speak to your local carpenter). This will draw the eye upwards and make the room appear more spacious.
7. Maximize the storage in your bedroom by choosing a bed that has storage underneath and on the side, leaving no room for clutter to make an appearance in your private sanctuary!