Vastu Shastra —the ancient science of architecture and wellness plays a key role when it comes to designing the master bedroom of a house. And since we spend a significant amount of time in the bedroom relaxing and rejuvenating, following a few basics of this science for the sake of our wellness and good health sounds like a good idea. Wouldn’t you agree?
Well, without further ado, we present to you 8 simple and easy to follow tips to Vastu-enable your master bedroom.
1. The master bedroom must be situated in the Southwest part of the house for the health and well-being of the people who will stay in it.
2. Never use the master bedroom as a kid’s room or as a room for the house help. Also, sleeping with your legs towards the north promotes prosperity and opulence. If your house is multistoried, then the master bedroom should be in the South-West corner of the top floor.
3. While sleeping in your master bedroom always keep your head towards the south, east, or west and never towards the north.
4. Gadgets like TVs, computers or laptops bring bad energy into the bedroom. If at all you must keep them, keep them in the South-East of the bedroom and well away from the bed.
5. Paint your master bedroom in earthy shades of brown and shades of almond.
Courtesy: First Look 3D Studio
6. Any heavy almirahs should be against the South or West wall.
7. Use wooden beds instead of ones made of wrought iron.
8. Place a dressing table with or without a mirror in the North or East wall of the bedroom. But do make sure that no body parts are reflected from the mirror while a person is sleeping on the bed, to prevent any medical conditions.
9. Place a dressing table with/without mirror in the North or East wall. If the mirror is in the bedroom with/without dressing table then make sure that none of the body parts is visible in the mirror while sleeping on the bed, else the same body part will develop medical problems.